- Your laundry pile of everyday clothes is smaller than the pile of workout clothes.
- You arrange your chores around work outs.
- ...Or it takes you over a month to change the light bulb, even when you already have said light bulb.
- You ask your dad to cook for you in an effort to reduce meals in restaurants and potentially lose some more weight before race day.
- You realize you have the best dad ever, because he does make dinner for you, to help you reach your goals!!
Sunday, October 5, 2014
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Jane and I on the Bow Valley Parkway (Hwy 1A)
Beautiful fall colours and brilliant colour of the river
Being able to ride outside is something I really enjoy this time of year, as the weather around Calgary can be so fickle.... We did have a nasty snow storm 2 weeks ago that caused trees with leaves to loose huge branches.
September 20 I took part in the MEC ride up Highwood Pass from the south end. Started in Turner Valley - Black Diamond - Longview and then headed west to Highwood Pass. Supposed to be 160 km, but due to a bridge being out (or under construction? - presumably from the floods last year) we completed 140 km. Still a fabulous ride and beautiful fall colours in the rolling foothills leading up to Hwy 40 and into the mountains. Saw lots of horse outfitters getting ready for hunting trips into the mountains. We are so lucky to have this gorgeous scenery and be able to ride and tour around to enjoy it. (Oh wait - it was a *hammerfest*, I'm training for Ironman after all).
I must say this ride was incredible value for money - paid $35 for a fully supported ride - aide stations manned by paid MEC employees, Boston Pizza individual lasagne for post ride food along with some munchies. Isn't it amazing what you can offer when profit isn't the point of the whole thing?? Kudos to MEC. Well organized and great venue.
This past weekend Jane and I ventured out on a pretty chilly morning from Canmore to the Bow Valley Parkway. It was cold on the feet and hands with a bit of a headwind on the way out. That was totally worth it for the return trip in the bright sunshine, warmer temp and best of all - tailwind!! We didn't see many heading out in the am, but by the time we turned around, lots of people out riding.
The perfect weekend....
The perfect weekend....