Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Seeking Inspiration

The fall has flown by and I've been busy at the gym, but not crazy busy at the gym - some lessons have been hard to learn, but worthwhile in the big picture. Sticking to 3 coached workouts in a week and then doing workouts on my own has been great this fall.

To add to this success I had a new personal best in my 500 m swim time trial and my biking 3 minute / 20 minute time trial. Haven't hit my magic number of 200 watts yet, but I'm getting close. So rewarding to do the work and get positive results. Running is improving, but still up and down. I just seem to take forever to get going, but continue to push myself.

My other favourite thing this fall, getting my braces off!! Only 4 years, 2 months and 6 days..... Celery and Turtles never tasted so good (but not together, that would just be wrong). Four years without raw celery was odd, but I hadn't really thought much about it until I had a yummy Caesar the other night and ate the celery, instead of giving it away.

The pajama factory has been up and running for another Christmas season. I think it's the last year for the big boys (22 & 19 y/o) as I'm running out of ideas - but I think they'll like the onesies' with the matching blankets this year (Superheroes rock). I'll carry on for the 5 -> 10 year olds.

Looking forward to some time away from work over the holidays and hopefully getting in some cross training in the snow. Inspiration for the holiday season has been slow this year, but I have much to be thankful for and I'm definitely looking forward to what 2012 has to offer. Great to hear that Grant is still with us, Jon is back with us, and we have 2 new coaches, Ed and Heather, at Talisman Triclub.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Ciao, Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment