Saturday, April 6, 2019

“In Limbo” 2018

“In “Limbo” does describe how I felt in 2018....

I must confess that 2017 was an amazing year and filled with incredibly satisfying and life affirming experiences. Coming back to work and the routine of everyday life was difficult for me. I was re- reading some of my old blogs and my summary of India filling ALL of my senses was certainly an apt description.

I struggled with my old friend “depression” upon my return and felt myself floundering to keep my head above water at work and at home. Time marches on and in retrospect I should have sought out some counseling.

2018 arrived and I signed up for a mountain biking trip to Moab, Utah with a group of ladies from Spin Sisters in April. My training was inconsistent and I had packed on extra weight again too.  Off I went and day 1 involved an awkward fall off the bike which ultimately resulted in a left tibial plateau fracture and strained medial collateral ligament (MCL).  No surgery required, but a fracture in my knee joint was difficult - crutches x 8 weeks, non-weight bearing and off work x 4 months!!

In the midst of this, there was large fire at my condo in May which burned off the 4th floor (I live on 3rd) and there was extensive smoke & water damage. Being displaced for the next 10 months was a challenge.  Thank goodness for family and a wonderful group of friends. I would not have made it through this without them. My Dad & Lise housed me and provided much needed support. My friends took care of me in endless thoughtful ways - weekends at a lake cabin, emotional support and I’m so lucky to have my network of friends and family.

In the process of healing both my mind and body, my friend Carla was talking about a trip to Pakistan in April 2019.  This sounded very intriguing to me and I decided to sign up too. The trip is through Lupine Travel, a UK company. And today here I am in Lahore, Pakistan.  Let the adventures begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment